09.02.2022 07:20

According to Law no. 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection, International Students, who are not covered by General Health Insurance System under Law no. 5510 on the Social Insurance under Universal Health Insurance, should have private health insurance covering inpatient/outpatient treatment and medical expenses. This means that, in order to apply for a residence permit, international students need to either purchase a health insurance in Turkey or present a social security agreement exemption document. You may see the eligible country list below for insurance with bilateral social security agreement;
Country Agreement Code
Germany A/T 11, A/T 12, A/T 23
Austria A/TR 3, A/TR3-A, TR/A6
Netherlands N/TUR 106, N/TUR 111, N/TUR 112
Belgium BT.8, BT.10
France SE 208-01 FT, SE 208-02 FT, SE 208-04 FT,SE 208-05 TF, SE 208-06 AFT, SE 208-06 CFT, SE208-17 FT, SE 208-18 TF, SE 208-19 FT, SE 208-28 FT, SE 208-30 FT
Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus K.K.T.C. / T.C. 3, K.K.T.C. / T.C. 5
Macedonia MC/TR 4, TR/MC 10
Romania R/TR 3
Albania AL/TR 4, AL/TR 10
Bosnia BH/TR4, BH/TR5,
Czech Republic CZ/TR 111, CZ/TR 112
Luxembourg L/TR 3,
If you are a citizen of one of the above mentioned countries, you need to get the social security agreement exemption document (or proof of coverage under the above mentioned agreements) from the social security authorities of your country. Please note that, to be able to get the health insurance, you need to have a tax number in Turkey. You may obtain your tax number from any tax office in Turkey.
If you are bringing your own health insurance from your home country or if you have an insurance policy that you/your home institution bought outside of Turkey and if your coverage is sufficient as you may see on the table above, your insurance policy will be approved by our university. This document is required for your residence permit application.   
Besides, international students or academic staff can buy private policies for the time they will stay in Turkey via banks or insurance agencies after their arrival. They may arrange their private health insurance through the following insurance companies. The main insurance companies have branches in all the big towns. It is recommended for them to have their private health policy before coming to Mus. 
During that kind of processes, the International Office of our university can help you.

Fast Access